Microwave oven is one of the best gifts that this magnificent millennium has presented to us. It is a marked invention of the 20th century that serves multi various purposes of people all through out the world. Microwave ovens are very popular because of their amazing speed of cooking foods.
An added advantage of microwave oven is, it requires less electricity since it heats only the food and nothing else. Microwave oven offers ultimate convenience and versatility.
- A microwave oven consists of following features:
- A Magnetron
- A cooking chamber
- A waveguide
- A magnetron control circuit mostly with a microcontroller
A microwave oven passes the microwave radiation through the food at a frequency of 2450 Mhz. Water, sugar molecules and fat of the foods absorb this microwave and the food gets cooked in an instant.
Advantages of Microwave Oven
All the microwave ovens have several valuable features like push button doors, enamel painted inner cavity, safe-from-children lock features, instant cooking and heating facilities, cooking signals, 99 min 99 sec digital timer, digital clock [12 hours system] and weight defrost [meat, poultry, seafood].
There are several advantages of microwave ovens:
- Food can be cooked easily and quickly.
- Fast food cooking does not mean burned food or overcooked food.
- There is no smoke or grease so the kitchen remains clean and tidy.
- They have multifarious uses of defrosting and re-heating.
- Nutrients are preserved and the actual taste of the food is retained.
Types of Microwave Ovens
The microwave ovens are available in two types. They are Simple Microwave oven and Microwave and Convection Oven.
- Simple Microwave Oven – It cooks food as well as re-heats it.
- Microwave and Convection Oven – It helps in heating and drying the food surface, which makes the food crispy. It is very useful for baking cakes, pastries etc.
Microwave Ovens- Some Precautions
There are certain precautions that should be followed while using the microwave oven. They are as follows:
- The oven door should not be subjected to any strain.
- Do not install the oven near gas burners, TV or other electrical appliances.
- Do not operate an empty oven as it can cause much damage.
Microwave ovens most efficiently heat the liquids and fats, frozen water and sugar molecules. Starting from great hotels to small households, microwave ovens had been a big success. It is a great help for everyone. So look for your requirements and get yourself a microwave oven before it is late.
Thanks for Visiting